Thursday, January 17, 2013

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE

Well it's happened.  Mitch was worried that he would receive the call Sunday night and be transferred, but actually the phone call was for his companion, Elder Van De Graaff.  Elder VDG was made a zone leader in a place called Neeman.  It's in the northern part of The Netherlands, close to the Austrian border.  Mitch was sad to say goodbye but he knew that it would come.

Mitch's new companion is Elder Mathis.  I don't know anything about him yet, and I won't know until the Van  Eijzeren's write to us to give us the details.  Mitch is always in a "hurry" when he emails. 

They did have another baptism.  Sister,  Ijeoma Francisca Ibechukwu. she is from Nigeria and is learning to speak Dutch, so the service was in English.  She is 32 years old and she came to The Netherlands because of the war in her country, her dad and brother were killed and she does not know where her mom is.  Pretty sad story, it reminds me that I should be more grateful for what I have.

Back to Mitch.  It snowed in Vlissingen.  Birgitta Van Eijeren sent pictures to me, thank heavens.




No comments:

Post a Comment