Sunday, May 19, 2013

WE ARE AS THE ARMY OF HELAMAN

Once again, I bring you my best regards,

I hope all is well first off! Second off happy mothers day to all of you mom´s out there!! You have a big task to fulfill which honestly probably isn´t thanked enough, so I salute you!!!

A big lesson on the power of prayer came to me this week as the experience of the week takes place. Not only that of my own, but also that of many around the world. (Particularly I believe that of my mom). We had a pretty rough week, and to be honest it was a little discouraging, I did my best to smile through it but it was starting to get the best of me. But I remembered something I had learned from Elder M and our experiences together in Vlissingen and that was `Wait for Sunday`. So my prayer was that something would happen on sunday, something it didn´t have to be huge but just to let me know that the Lord was still there by my side. We had an appointment with a lady that day and we weren´t so sure that she would be home (as that is the case with most people from S). But she was home, she told us how she didn´t have lots of time because she had to go to the police station to get her daughter checked out as the daughter was strangled by her ex-husband, obviously that was something really important, so we asked her if we could just come back another time, she said she had time and wanted to "feel peace" so we stayed. The events of this appointment may be the highlight of my mission. She bore her testimony of the gospel, and we bore ours, then the daughter bore hers, by the end they all were willing to follow the spirit and committed to entering the waters of baptism.

Now I don´t focus on the numbers. Because they aren´t important, they show the progress of our investigators not our own. But I gained a huge testimony of prayer specifically knock and its shall be opened. It is because of all of your prayers even if its "please bless the missionaries" that these miracles happen, naturally I have to do something too, but thank you all so much. I appreciate all of your support, and hope all is well with all of you.

Sincerely,
Elder Ipson.


1 comment: