Monday, April 8, 2013

A MIGHTY CHANGE OF HEART

Dear Everyone,

This week has been one of remembrance and repentance for me. Of remembering how good the Lord has been to me, and repenting of my memory loss, and turning towards the Lord.

I would like to relate a story:

 We were walking along at my favorite part of Turnhout; there is a super cool bridge that lights up at night that goes over a beautiful canal. This was midday, and the setting was perfect. We were walking along talking about who knows what, when I looked up and saw a young woman walking towards me, I got the impression to talk to her. As I had decided to follow every impression I talked to her about the Book of Mormon, and how much joy and knowledge it has brought me. She said of course, “I'll take it, Joy is always welcome.” We said we would like to share a message about it. She said” right now?” Now generally, my first reaction is to say “well you look busy, we could come by tonight “, but instead in words not of my own, I said yes now. We taught her about it and its origins right on the spot and it was so nice there were no other people to bother us, no busy streets, just the spirit. Now after this was done, she said,”ok thank you very much I will read in this for sure.” We gave her a card and told her to call us she said she would.... Now at first reaction I thought you idiot why didn't you get her number?!! Or address?! But a calming sensation overwhelmed me and said just to let it go.

It is now my knowledge that that mighty change of heart comes with a submissiveness to the lords will. To know that when acting in the spirit, nothing will go wrong. Because with a perfect being leading us, we can never be lead wrong. I am so grateful for the spirit and its guiding influence in my life. That it can be here to bless the lives of others. This is true, and life couldn't get better.

 In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Ipson

 After we got this email from Mitch he sent another one.   He has been transferred in an "emergency" transfer to Roterdam.  He didn't give any details so I guess we will be in suspense until he sends an email next week. 

MITCH AT A ZONE CONFERENCE.  I KNOW THE ELDER TO MITCH'S RIGHT IS ELDER LIND, HE AND MITCH WERE IN THE MTC TOGETHER.  I DON'T KNOW THE NAMES OF THE OTHER ELDERS.


No comments:

Post a Comment